- (US) IPA: /pɑps/
- Rhymes: -ɒps
Etymology 1From papa 'dad'
- Plural of pop (the sound and related meanings)
- third-person singular of pop
- "Pops" redirects here. For other uses, please see Pop.
A Pops orchestra is an orchestra that plays popular music and show tunes as well as well-known classical works. 'Pops Orchestras' are generally organised in large cities and are distinct from more 'highbrow', symphony or philharmonic orchestras which also may exist in the same city.
In the United States:
- Austin Pops http://www.austinpops.org
- Bob Lappin and The Palm Beach Pops http://www.palmbeachpops.org
- Boston Pops Orchestra
- Carolina Pops Orchestra http://www.carolinapops.com
- Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
- Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- De La Salle University Pops Orchestra
- Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
- New York Pops Orchestra
- Pasadena Pops Orchestra
- Philly Pops
- San Francisco Pops Orchestra
- Tucson Pops Orchestra http://www.tucsonpops.org/
- University of Michigan Pops Orchestra